Condition
For parts or not working
Price
Free
Expires
Super hot rod engine!!!
1966-69 Pontiac OHC 250 ci 6 cyl. $1000.00
Located in Creston B.C.

I got the engine about 30 years ago. I like cars and grabbed it because if I ever wanted to build a narrow hood 30s hotrod, I didn't think you could find a better motor. It would fit under the hood like it belonged. It is the High Output model with the 4 barrel intake and split exhaust.

I understood the motor had been swapped out for a 350 as was common though usually reported as a mistake from a performance stand point. The motor was stored under a hood until I got it (1990?), since then it has always been in a shed. In the image of the intake it doesn't look like there has ever been water sitting in it. As it has sat for so long, I would be surprised if it wasn't seized at some level. It might break loose using a starter motor, but I don't know, and I wouldn't bother. No oil for 35 and maybe more years doesn't suggest there is likely to be any lubrication anywhere in it.

You can see it still had the clutch pivot on the side. I picked up a good timing cover to replace the cracked one. There is the crankshaft pulley. No flywheel. I don't know, but I expect a sbc flywheel will fit, and that would be why it is missing.664664665

Information

Author
Bob
Created
Last edited
Views

More listings by Bob