Anybody need a good AMC 232?

ThatAMCGuy

Just got an engine delivered - buddy thought it was a 258 but the code stamped in the block is that of a 232. Would make a great Jeep engine for somebody or a stroker project. No Intake, Exhaust or other accessories. Engine not seized, turns over smoothly. Looks like a low-miler. Not that grungy and still lots of paint on it.

First $150 takes it. Just wanna get my $$ back.

bolt39

Hey, did you ever sell / get rid of that 232? I was wondering if you knew what year it was from - there were different bell housing bolt patterns used before and after 1972...

ThatAMCGuy

Yep, still got it. From the stamping on the side, it's from January of '78. Pulled from a Concord with a Torqueflite.

bolt39

Thanks - I'm actually looking for one of the earlier builds. Too bad - I gladly would've provided even a 24-pack of Dr Pepper!

ThatAMCGuy

Finding an early one is hard! Believe me, I know! If the 232 in my '70 Gremlin ever lunches, I'll probably convert it to a later drivetrain. I've been looking for an early style inspection cover (for the 3-speed) for the whole time I've owned my car! (10 years) If you wanted to convert yours, I have a 727 that'll bolt to this 232 no problem.

Hang on to that AMC stuff, 232/258 or ANY V-8
or,
try putting it up on Kijiji in Calgary ?
Pretty dedicated AMC crowd in Alberta !

I just finished a 427 Stroker out of a 401 Block, Dyno'd it last Wednesday.(Goin in a Gremlin)
550 hp/520 Trq on Pump Gas, Flat Tappet Cam W/Eddy Heads.
NUTHIN WRONG with the Bull's stuff !

If anybody's interested I'll grab and post up a Dyno Sheet next time I go back to Calgary in a week or so.
Come to think of it ?
Might make a nice start for a "Proven Combo's" Section for the less travelled type builds ?

Last edited:

ilw300

I am interested in your 232AMC

Recently bought a iH 4000 swather that has a cracked engine block. Interesting enough those swathers used an AMC 232 engine. Where is your motor located. thanks